Below is a list of terms, words, and phrases you typically hear in a CrossFit class at Fern Creek CrossFit.
- MetCon: Metabolic Conditioning
- AMRAP: As Many Rounds (or Reps) As Possible in a given timeframe.
- EMOM: Every Minute on the Minute
- Rx: Prescribed parameters for a given exercise or movement (like the amount of weight on a barbell).
- PR: Personal record.
- Rep: A repetition or one instance of a given exercise.
- Set: A group of repetitions.
- WOD: Workout of the day.
- Box: A CrossFit gym.
- CFT: CrossFit Total – The combined weight of your max squat, press, and deadlift.
- Chipper: A workout with high reps and more movements done one time through in order (you chip away at it).
- Ladder: A workout with an ascending or descending rep pattern.
- ROM: Range of Motion.
Exercise and Movement Library
View more than 80 standard CrossFit exercise videos to get a better understanding of specific movements and requirements. This list includes things like air squats, thrusters, the kipping pull-up, and warm-up routines like the Burgener Warm-up.